Parent Financial Support
With the cost of living increasing many families will find their income stretched.
Support and advice can be found with the following links.
Free school meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Support from Hampshire - Connect 4 Communities
Financial support for families
Also known as washable nappies, cloth nappies or real nappies, reusables have developed significantly in the past decade. They are a popular choice for many parents.
Hampshire County Council recognises that the initial cost of reusable nappies can be a barrier for some families. This is why we have partnered with a number of suppliers to secure Hampshire residents a 15% discount on reusable nappy products. Use this link to access your discount
Hampshire Learning Libraries - free courses on all sorts of topics
Hampshire offer online learning opportunities and local groups to support parents in a range of topics.
Many of the courses and sessions they offer are free, all you need to do is click the link to explore and book!